Team Ankuram is a well-knit group of self-motivated and like-minded development professionals, endeavouring to pool and focus their knowledge and skills toward making social initiatives more processes-driven as well as results-oriented.
Ankuram aspires to be a partner in social transformation by being a catalyst for Meaningful, Accountable Performance (MAP) of social initiatives. We aim for MAP-enablement of social initiatives so they can:
- Ensure good value to all their stakeholders for all resources utilised.
- Achieve their intended objectives and outcomes.
- Not cause any unintended adverse social or environmental consequences.
Ankuram’s mission is constructive collaboration with social enterprises, social businesses, social impact ventures, non-governmental organisations, corporates and governments toward strengthening their development, welfare, and people-centric initiatives.
What we offer?
The Ankuram team’s prioritised practice areas, at present, are Inclusive Finance, Governance, Responsible Businesses, and Equity & Sustainability.
Ankuram’s advisory and consultancy expertise spans the following particular, yet wide-ranging aspects:
• Institutional Capacity Building of Social Enterprises.
• Design and Development of Social Sector Programmes / Projects and
• Evaluation of Social Initiatives
Towards this, Ankuram looks forward to joining hands with protagonists of social sector organisations, impact investors, corporate social responsibility (CSR) leaders, and public officials administering people-centric service delivery processes.
We are a passionate and result-oriented organisation. Our values emerge from our mission of bringing in social change with accountability.
- Integrity & Transparency: We diligently practice our beliefs concerning our cause and mission. Our organisational dealings are bona fide and fully adhere to the laws and rules applicable in our different operating environments. We are resolute about never resorting to any indecorous, illegal, corrupt, or otherwise unethical conduct. We are steadfast about acknowledging credit where it is due.team Ankuram, integrity and ethics are of utmost importance and we will always be honest in our dealings, work and communication. All our internal and external policies and practices are unambiguous and detailed. Not only are they duly in the public domain, but they are also communicated at the outset in our pertinent interactions. Of course, we are open to receiving questions about our organisation and its work. We shall do our best to answer them expeditiously.
- Professionalism & Excellence: We do not take anyone or anything for granted. We are dedicated to measure up to the highest standards and established benchmarks of professional conduct.We are confident about being able to create good value for our collaborators – to not only match, but also excel their expectations. This confidence derives from our passionate, yet entrepreneurial approach. Drawing on this approach, our work processes are optimistic, rational, systematic, scientific, data-driven, agile, ingenious, and result-oriented.
- Fairness & Empathy: Our work requires that we are perceptive, approachable, and responsive to our stakeholders even as we stay true to our cause and mission. We fully appreciate these requirements and diligently accede to them. We are sensitive and committed to upholding – as applicable – the principles of equity, non-discrimination, environmental conservation, and broad-based participation in our policies, practices, processes, and procedures. We are respectful towards the various rights of all individuals and particularly aware about the situations of socially deprived groups and communities. Our conduct is accordingly informed and responsive. Concomitantly, we take great pride in our team and are fully considerate of each other.
(Founder and Managing Director)
Yamini is a development practitioner with over 12 years of experience working with social enterprises, microfinance institutions, banks, international aid organisations, corporates, social investors. She focuses on corporate social responsibility, NGO management & governance, social performance management systems and responsible finance.
Yamini previously worked with MicroSave, a global financial inclusion-consulting firm as a Specialist and Practice Group Leader of Responsible Finance Domain. Before joining MicroSave, Yamini led the women’s empowerment and community media modules at Byrraju Foundation.
She worked with several organisations in 12 countries: India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Nepal, Indonesia, Cambodia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Ghana, Uganda, Kenya and Colombia.
Shweta holds a Master's Degree in Public Policy from National Law School of India University, Bengaluru. She is a graduate in Economics (Honours) from University of Delhi.
During her post-graduation, Shweta has worked on various projects pertaining to health, livelihood, education and sanitation. As part of her course requirements, she did an ethnographic study on "Is menstruation a barrier to girls' education?" She is fluent in English and Hindi. She has hands-on experience in data analytic tools. At Ankuram, she is responsible for designing new projects, project management and research.
Vardhaman is a development practitioner with over 12 years of vast and varied experience in senior management of social initiatives and development organisations.
He is an expert in urban and rural transformation, rights promotion, governance reforms, and service delivery improvements.
(Advisor & Mentor)
Dr.Reddy is an advisor and mentor for Ankuram. Dr.Reddy is Director at SRF Foundation in Gurgaon leading its Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives. He has around 20 years of experience in the social sector, mainly in the field of education. He worked with academic institutions, government organisations, NGOs and corporate foundations. Some of his previous employers include: Byrraju Foundation, Hyderabad; Dr. Reddy’s Foundation, Hyderabad; and CARE India, New Delhi.